12.10.2021 - 19.10.2021
09.08.2021 - 07.10.2021
12th October: 13.15 - 16
13rd October: 12.15 - 15
14th October: 12.15 - 15
19th October: 9.15 - 12
• to raise students’ view on the importance of adapting supply and demand side of the tourism to the changes in the business environment;
• to ignite thinking about different needs and technological skills of various tourism segments and cohorts;
• to design innovative tourism solutions/combinations for new era tourism services/experiences.
• Evolution of tourism environment in 21st Century
• Key technology enablers of modern tourism and hospitality business: from high-speed internet to artificial intelligence
• Balance between high-touch and high-tech in the new era hotels: traditional hospitable services vs “do-it-yourself” services
• Coping with digital gap between different tourism cohorts (baby-boomers vs millennials) or “no place for old men”?
Methods: Lectures, discussions, group work, problem solving
Requirements: Pre-reading, active participation to classes and discussions there, mini project based on pre-readings and its presentation
• Zupan Korže, S. (2019). From Industry 4.0 to Tourism 4.0. Innovative Issues and Approaches in Social Science, 12 (3), 29-52. Available at: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e06f/97c91de33529ccce4a4a07344e647e7b0e80.pdf#page=29.
• Additional material will be send before the course starts
Evaluation: Passed / Failed
Additional information: Lecturer Saša Zupan Korže, University of Maribor
Tourism, Culture and International Management, Master's Degree Programme, Toursim, Degree Programme in Tourism