Reindeer - Animal, Livelihood and Culture R601ML91-3003 10.01.2022-31.03.2022 5 op+-
You become familiar with reindeer as an animal, reindeer husbandry, owners and cooperatives. You learn about the reindeer herding year, nutrition, breeding and economics in reindeer husbandry. You identify reindeer products and reindeer as a source of culture. You understand the relationship of reindeer husbandry and other livelihoods (e.g. tourism, forestry, agriculture) in the north. You identify the reindeer husbandry adaptions in changing environment.
The course has nine modules.
1. Reindeer as an animal
2. Reindeer husbandry, owners and cooperatives
3. Reindeer herding year
4. Work in reindeer herding
5. Reindeer nutrition and breeding
6. Reindeer products and economics in reindeer husbandry
7. Reindeer in changing environment
8. Reindeer husbandry and other livelihoods
9. Reindeer as a source of culture